DIY Landlord - Earn credit card points by paying Cukai Tanah (Quit Rent) and Cukai Pintu (Assessment)

As a DIY landlord, one of the methods to maximize your credit card points is to use them to pay for your Cukai Tanah (Quit Rent) and Cukai Pintu (Assessment) which I will refer to as property taxes. If you have many properties then this benefit will become obvious.


Currently I have a CIMB Mastercard card which I use to pay all my property taxes. After using the card for 2 years. I managed to exchange all the points collected for a big Sharp Oven at CIMB Fiesta in Midvalley Megamall. The oven costs around RM 400. Well like the Chinese saying killing 2 birds with one stone. On one hand I can become a responsible tax payer while on the other hand earning credit card points. 

This technique does not work if you are using a Petrol credit card. I am made to understand that Maybank cards give higher reward points especially if you use it on weekends so if it works for you either CIMB, Maybank or some other points system credit card will do.

Pay your property taxes using credit cards