My shoddy contractor lives another day

I've got 1 contractor who always does a shoddy work. Actually his workers do shoddy work but he doesn’t reprimand the workers. Shoddy as in he installs lights without adjusting it straight, installs aircond without putting on a tray, hacking walls and not cleaning up. I always wanted to sound him out but I always forgot to do it. The reason why I still keep this contractor is because he is the only contractor where I can call and he comes immediately to fix my property problems. I’ve called him in the middle of the night to come fix a leaking water tank.


One fine day after he installed water heater and I found that the water heater wasn’t working, I thought I could this time sound him on this. I checked that the power socket was already in and switched on but still there was no power running to the water heater. Halfway whatsapping the contractor I realized there is another switch outside the toilet which needs to be switched on in order for the water heater to work. And so, my shoddy contractor lives another day.
Shoddy work, too long electrical and water cables

Extra switch for the water heater to work