Replaced old and broken socket head

Yesterday was one of those day which I had some time on my hands. So I took time to change a broken socket head in one of my older electrical appliance. The older socket head was already being in use for 10 years+ and it had suffered a few knocks here and there until the top part of the plastic cracked. 

The cabling connection sequence is BLUE (Neutral) , GREEN (Earth), BROWN (Live, to the fuse) if the 3 pin plug is facing you.



Note - don't bother buying those socket head that come with surge protector, they cost more and the only difference inside is there's a cable connecting from the brown wire to a grounding substrate. The grounding substrate is so tiny that I personally feel that 1 surge is going to fry the substrate, and it will not be useful anymore. It's better to invest in external surge protection appliance like voltage regulators. The second issue I found using the socket head with surge protector is it's much harder to fit in the wires because the grounding substrate location gets in the way.