Socket conversion to Malaysia standard

My ex tenant who is a foreigner left an night LED lamp in my rental premises. The socket on the lamp was a north america type A socket. 






In Malaysia, the typical socket is a 3 pin Type G or 2 pin Type C plug. I check the voltage of the lamp it is similar to Malaysia's 120V so I reckon the socket head can be modified to fit a 3 pin Type G. I don't really like the 2 pin Type C socket because I have troubles plugging it into the power outlet without using a sharp object to plug into the earth point.

The process of conversion was fast and simple, typical 2 pin plugs have only live and neutral wires, they lack the earth wires. Just connect the live wire into the fius while the neutral to the neutral.



WARNING : This probably only works for small lightnings. I would not recommend doing this other other types of electrical appliances like oven, toaster etc. I was quite confident of doing the modification because the voltage on the lamp is similar as Malaysia's 220V.