My experience Selling Stuff on Carousell


I am a seasoned Carousell buyer. I get most of my stuff from Carousell. 

Basically I find the mobile app to be very simple and convenient.

Recently I just starting listing a lot of things for selling to see the experience from a seller's perspective.

I had a few negative experience on the process. They are : 

Issue 1 : Lots of spear fishing buyers
Spear fishing a method of sending buy requests at very low prices just to test how low the seller willing to go. Once the seller (like me) agrees on the lowered price, the buyer just goes MIA (missing in action). This happen many times already and I wondered why would buyer do such a thing for a while but I chance upon some forums which mentioned that this is a common way to gauge the price of some items and then they will collect similar items and sell it at lowered prices.

Issue 2 : Lots of cheap ass buyers
Once the deal is done, buyers will ask sellers to contact them instead of they contacting the seller. I reckon is they want to save on their mobile phone calls. The problem is when seller (like me) contact them, they just won't pick up or reply messages and then some even go MIA (missing in action). Buyer sometimes also ask Seller to exchange the stuff at a very far location not as agreed.

Issue 3 : Lots of cheap ass buyers (2)
This happens when selling used phones, instead of bidding for a price, the buyer will ask seller (like me) to swap the selling phone with another more inferior model. Let's say I'm selling a Samsung Galaxy S7, buyer will ask to swap with some more lower specs phone like Lenovo something, Oppo something. Some even have the cheek to add in additonal charging cables to sweeten the deal. Who in the right mind is going to swap a higher end phone with a lower end phone.

Issue 4 : Lots of cheap ass buyers (3)
There are a bunch of buyers that once the deal is done, they will ask you to meet up at a place not near you at all, despite you already mentioned in the description where to do COD. The fact that I'm selling the item to cheaply means the buyer needs to accommodate the seller.

Issue 5 : Ask for more pictures after confirming the deal and agreeing on the price
I don't really understand why some people after confirming and agreeing on the deal they decide to ask for more photos and ask more information on the item. My guess is some of them are suspicious or not confident that they got a good deal out of it. This happens on lot for below market value items I was trying to sell. For me I just want to quickly get rid of it at any cost.