Sewing back button to my shirt

Today was one of shitty days where the top most button on my work shirt broke off while I was in office. 

So I dropped by MrDIY hardware shop to get some thread and buttons to sew. I hoped that my secondary school learnt sewing lessons (life skills) could be put into use, though I already kind of forgotten to do it.

Due to time constraint, I used a normal pin to hold the shirt together temporary for the rest of the day. My typical office attire requires a tie so it is not so obvious.








I managed to fix the shirt after work using the sewing kit I bought after some initial failed attempts.

Total cost of the items bought was under RM5

Lesson learnt today was to keep a small pin handy next time in the car or wallet. I can use it for future emergencies.