Replacing faulty electric water heater turn knob - Deka 🌊

My tenant informed me that electric hot water heater knob was spoiled. While the hot water heater still could function properly, the knob plastic handler has worn out and could not turn the knob. The tenant had to resort to using a spanner to turn the knob open.





Good thing I had another spoiled unit previously but I kept the parts just in case I needed. So I took the part and just replace it with a wrench. Do remember to turn off the electricity and water supply when doing this maintenance, water and electricity is really double trouble if you know what I mean.


1 water heater costs at least RM400 - RM500. Today I’m glad I managed to save that amount out of my renovations. I previously bought this waster heater from Puchong House of Lightings, brand is Deka, next time won’t buy this brand already it’s a bit too flimsy, the quality is a bit lacking. However, I do see Deka has got other higher end models of the water heater so I hope it is only this particular model having problems.

It is better to go for more expensive Panasonic or Joven brand which have better build quality. 

Links