How much does changing a simple water tap costs 💦

Before
While I enjoy DIY, there are some occasions I need to call for backup for urgent client cases. This time I asked my regular plumber to attend to a simple pipe change and he charged me RM 50 for the whole thing including the new pipe. Yes, that's how much it costs just to call me to attend to a simple thing, full stop. 

I view the price as quite fair. There may be some who can do it for less but mostly are foreign worker plumbers, problem I have with them is they are like mercenaries, they can go missing after a while, they are more suitable for 1 time kind of jobs like painting house, cut grass etc.

I still recall years ago at the mechanic workshop, one of the customers was complaining to the mechanic about how expensive the charges were. The mechanic coolly ask the customer back "Do you ask the doctor why the bills are so expensive ?" and the customer then kept quiet already.  Another phrase I've seen plumbers say to customers "You are paying for my experience, not my work" , the rational is that the if the customer were to hire another plumber that charges cheaper, the person might not be able to complete the in fast and proper.

Well, nowadays things ain't cheap that's why its important not just to keep saving but to grow income and also invest for the future. 

After