Rakuten Trade assigning proxy


In my previous posts I explained about how to attend lots of  Company AGM (Annual General Meeting) by buying 1-100 units of shares rather than a standard lot (1000 units) via Rakuten Trade.

One thing to take note is Rakuten Trade stocks are all in nominees account, which means the stocks purchased are not under your name, it is under Rakuten Trade and held in a nominees account. 

The bad part is, to attend AGM, you will need Rakuten Trade to nominate you as a proxy shareholder. The good part is all the limitation of share holding to get AGM free gifts do no apply as Rakuten Trade holds much more shares than you hold as compared to 1-100units.

I'm enclosing a sample email template that I use to send to Rakuten Trade to assign myself as a proxy to attend AGM.


Dear Rakuten Trade Customer Service,


Do help to submit proxy form for upcoming Ambank AGM
Proxy A : Levi Meshulam
IC : 810121-11-4411
Address : 112, Jalan SS2/10, Petaling JayaShare

Unit : 2
HandPhone Number : 012-6422123
RegardsLevi Meshulam
The email can be sent to customerservice@rakutentrade.my

Do take note that the proxy request to Rakuten trade needs to be done 10 days before the actual company AGM. Rakuten Trade takes about 1 working day to process the request in my experience so far.


Not yet using Rakuten Trade to buy odd lots ? , sign up using my referral code and get 500 RT points (Rakuten Trade Points)
Invite Link - https://www.rakutentrade.my/device/accountopening?referralcode=4ffdWBHYBI&mode=web
Invite Code - 4ffdWBHYBI (if not using the invite link)
website : https://www.rakutentrade.my