FSMOne (FundsSuperMart) Malaysia Managed Portfolio robo advisor like fund investment - referral code CZ83X9

Fundsupermart FSM One, is a wholesale unit trust/mutual fund company which sells many types of unit trust funds (equity/bond) has got a robo advisor like product called Managed Portfolio. They have another competitor company from Philip Mutual running the fund portal eunittrusts.

I did some reading on this product and it seems very similar to what existing Robo advisors are doing which is you place money into an account and FSM One will manage it for you by investing in different mutual funds or investment products based on your risk profile. So far I've avoided this product as the initial investment is RM5000 which is considered high to me. The charges for this product is 1.25% subscription fee (aka sales fee) and 0.5 % management fee per annum.

For month of Jan 2020, FSM One had a promotion whereby the minimum investment was set at only RM1000 and 0% subscription fee (aka sales fee). I took the opportunity to apply for this product. The 0% subscription fee and 0.5% management fees makes the fees on par with existing fees that Robo divisors like Stashaway, Wahed Invest and MyTheo charges. After 22 Jan 2020, the fees will revert back to normal making it more costly to invest.

I choose the aggressive Manage Portfolio this time because I felt that if I were to pay people to manage funds, I might as well pay them to manage an aggressive fund rather than a passive one which I probably can do using instruments like REITs, conservative unit trusts and Fixed Deposits.

Registration was quite straightforward as I already had an FSM One account which I applied to purchase Manulife India funds. I just had to click a few buttons and fund the Manage Portfolio and I was good to go.

I will continue to monitor the performance of the FSM Management Portfolio and update this page from time to time.

Once thing I learn about using FSM products and services is to be patient, from time to time they will have some promotion which then will be attractive enough to enter. Sometimes for some unit trusts, they will have 0% sales fees and that is when I will put my money in. 

FSM Managed Portfolio seems to suffer from lack of publicity since a lot of young millennials are not on the platform, they prefer more mobile friendly fintech apps like robo advisors. The FSM Managed Portfolio also does not have a good referral program whereby users can share the signup code instead the referral program requires you to submit other people email to FSM.

FSM not only does Management Portfolio but also represents other fund houses (Affin Hwang, Manulife, CIMB Principle) to sell their unit trust/mutual funds. 





The FSM One managed portfolio performance is as below : 

Updates  20200128

My application for FSM One Management Portfolio is still being processed. It should be approved after the long chinese new year holidays.



Updates  20200130
My application was approved. I noticed the Manage Portfolio now started investing in individual unit trust funds already, all without intervention from me.


Topping up the Managed Portfolio is not quite straightforward as the buy button needs to be accessed via another screen.



Updates 20200207
Got to admit I bought into the managed portfolio at the wrong time, just when the global Corona virus scare is out. The portfolio's biggest loser is from Affin Hwang China fund.

Updates 20200207
Overall the managed portfolio is down by 10%


Updates 20201118

"Sikit sikit lama lama jadi bukit ⛰️"

While my portfolio was  down πŸ”» 10% in my last update during the start of the Covid19 crisis, it is roaring back up to πŸ”Ί 10% (10.3%) returns after doing DCA (dollar cost averaging) for a while. In line with rise in global stock markets, my portfolio is currently following the same trajectory. 

Do note unlike my robo advisors settings, my FSMOne Managed Portfolio setting is set to Aggressive mode so there's a lot of volatility in this portfolio.




πŸ“Œ Links

πŸ“ Ads / Referral Invite to FSM Fundsupermart Sign Up

πŸ‘‰ Fundsupermart has got a referral program going on. You can use my invite link to sign up : 

Below are the referral rewards that you will get and what I'll be getting taken from FSM (Fundsupermart) website. 

Basically the referral rewards are rebates in sales charge when purchasing unit trust/mutual funds from Fundsupermart rather than cash rebates. If you sign up using my referral, you will get to use the rebates to buy unit trusts funds hosted on Fundsupermart at 1% sales charge. For normal non promotion period, sales charges on unit trusts are always more than 1% (~1.5%-2.0%) depending on the unit trusts. As for me, I will also got discounts on sales charges, there's no cashbacks for me.  One tip for you is the sales charge token don't use it to buy small amount, you will be wasting the 1% sales charge, if you buy RM1000 in 1 transaction and if you buy RM10,000 in 1 trasaction, the same 1% token can be applied, so it is more worth it to use it wisely. Do note there is a 6 months validity to the 1% sales charge token.





πŸ”—Links