Location of the water supply mains of Service Apartments

Recently one of the units of my service apartment experienced a major water leak where the tenant broke the L plastic elbow sleeve of the kitchen pipe. As the material is made from plastic, it was very very hard to reconnect back.


Water was gushing like crazy and I struggled to contain the water leak while at the same time to find the location of the stop cork to stop the water flow.

In the end the whole service apartment got flooded. I had to call the management office for them to send someone over.

I found out that apparently the service apartment didn't have any stop cork for water outlet, only way was to access the floor's utility room and turn off the mains from the service apartment's individual water meter. To make matters worse, the floor's utility room can only be opened by the building maintenance personnel.

In the end I manage to get a plumber to fix the problem the next day. Good thing I realize that there was a water pipe at the refuse room (garbage area) so my tenants still had access to a nearby water source during the down time.