Changed my Proton Inspira Car battery using Century battery 24 hour replacement service - Century Marathoner Battery Model 55D23L πŸš—πŸ”‹


Out of the blue my beloved Proton Inspira decided to break down on me. When I tried to start the engine, it came out with clicking/cranking sound. Having many years handling a car, clicking sounds from the engine is symptoms of a weak battery. The time was already 9PM at night and I was in a hurry to travel somewhere.


As it was MCO (Movement Control Order) time in Malaysia, a lot of shops were already closed, even calling a Grab wouldn’t help. I had previously heard of startup companies that do battery and gasoline delivery but I couldn’t find their sites on Google (probably closed down already). However, the 1st item that came out of the Google search was Century battery’s 24 hours battery replacement service on Google Ads. Usually I’m quite cautious and skeptical on these Google Ads for scams.  However I decided to try it out.

I Whatsapp the number and was pleasantly surprised getting a quick response and after a few messages back and forth, I was quoted RM290 for the entire battery (Model 55D23L) and replacement services. 



The service technician came right to my house within 40 mins and replaced my car battery in just under 20 mins. The overall service was very fast, good and streamlined. The entire battery replacement process was fully digitalized by their Century backend app. After installation, the service technician had to upload all the job completed evidence via their Century app. Jobs (battery replacement) are assigned via the app to the service guy. 

Before leaving I was given a sticker which when presented to Century battery company will entitles me for RM15 discount on my next purchases. The service technician told me that this battery delivery and replacement business is booming at times of Covid19, people are using this service more and he gets a lot of such service requests every day. 


One tip to bear in mind is to ask for a discount before agreeing on the battery replacement price as I was initially quoted RM310 but I just did a sneaky test to see if they can reduce price and so I casually asked them for discount. I was quite surprised that they gave me a slight discount. I checked on Lazada and found that the battery was selling for RM250 so that is probably why there was still some space for discount on the battery price quoted.



Payment methods/options were also very convenient as eWallets like Boostpay and TnG Pay were accepted besides the standard COD, cash on delivery and credit cards. Payments were to be done after the job is completed.

πŸ“±Century Hotline (got Whatsapp)
+6017-293 5515
038689 8058
1800-22-8837

πŸ”—Links

https://centurybattery.com.my/

https://www.facebook.com/centurybatterymalaysia/




πŸ“œAds

Raiz Invest Malaysia is organizing a friend/buddy referral campaign. Each of us get RM5 after topping up just RM5 from your Maybank Account. The robo advisor taps into PNB (Permodalan Nasional Berhad)'s variable rate funds. This means you get RM10 just putting in RM5. A major prerequisite for signing up is you need to have a Maybank account with a debit card (ATM card). 

(πŸ’‘ Update: This campaign has ended on 30/9/2020 and the reward of RM10 has been reduce to RM5 if you use my referral) 

πŸ”—πŸ‘‰My Referral Link is as belows, sign up and both of us get RM5 each:
app.raiz.com.my/invite/4VZ2E3