Pop Meals formerly Dahmakan Online Food Delivery Referral invite code : JINTASTY πŸ₯‘🍲πŸ₯€

Online food delivery startup company Dahmakan has been rebranded as Pop Meals, short name for Popular Meals. I suspect Dahmakan is making this change to expand beyond Malaysia, their food deliver service is also available in Thailand also. This startup is a Y combinator startup  and founded by ex Food Panda employees in 2015. I'm not  sure why the name change and the drastic corporate color change but the menu for Pop Meals seems quite similar to Dahmakan.

This service is only available at certain parts of Klang Valley. I'm staying in Cyberjaya and it's available at my place but it is not available at my workplace at Kajang, do be aware of this as this service is not readily available everywhere, one of the complaints I always had on this food delivery service.

The food is prepared at a central kitchen (aka cloud kitchen) somewhere in PJ and then delivered around Klang Valley area. 

Personally, I like their Salted Egg Butter Chicken Rice, Honey Soy Sesame Chicken and Thai Red Fish Curry. So far from their website blogs, the Salted Egg Butter Chicken is their bestseller.

Pop meals have expanded their offerings to have deserts (Red Velvet Cake, Tiramisu Cake and Belgian Waffles). I notice the drinks are no more, last time I could order ais lemon drink (limau ais) and Tealive bubble tea. I also used to order their gourmet fruit juices but it is no longer on the menu.

The app features an prepaid ewallet called Pop Wallet. You can preload it with credits and order food later. There is also a monthly subscription service for RM30 per month and you can get 20% off every meal with no delivery charges. From what I read, Pop meals wants to be the "Netflix" of food, what this means is they want to create a food subscription service where users pay a fixed monthly subscription amount and get to enjoy low prices on their daily ordered meals. I'm not sure whether people will warm up to this idea of meal subscription but this seems to be a modern trend.

I like that the app allows payment via ewallet BoostPay, TouchNGo ewallet is still not available yet. Cash on delivery is available also for those who prefer paying cash.


Updates 20201212
Pop meals is opening a physical store (yes) at D'Pulze shopping mall at Cyberjaya. Looks like the company is going to be pursuing a hybrid bricks and mortar and online strategy for future growth.


Updates 20210107
I ordered my 1st pop meal. I ordered spaghetti carbonara. The portions were ok, not too much but also not too little. It was served with grilled chicken which I find it to be quite tasty and was the main highlight of the meal. The dish was not too overly creamy and overall I felt it deserve 4/5 stars. The delivery guy came in all yellow pop meals uniform instead of the old Dahmakan green uniform.


Updates 20210116
After hearing so many good reviews on Pop Meals salted egg yolk fried chicken rice, I finally ordered it. The salted egg sauce was placed separately from the dish, this is good good move to prevent the dish from getting soggy. The dish was garnished with a few slices of cucumber while the rice was topped with fried shallots and spring onions. My verdict was the salted egg sauce was definitely a winner as it made the fried chicken and rice more delicious. The rice used was quite good quality but I felt it was a little bit soggy maybe caused by the residue steam in the packaging.




Updates 20210130
Today I ordered Nasi Ayam Goreng Kunyit. I wasn't disappointed, the steam rice was fluffy and perfectly cooked, the tumeric fried chicken was not too oily nor sloppy. Overall the dish was not too bad, however the sambal was really over the roof, it was seriously hot. I had to down 2 glasses of water to ease off the heat.









Use my referral code below to get RM 18 off your order (RM6 for each first 3 orders). I'll also be getting similar benefits. This is only applicable for new users. 

πŸ‘‰ Referral Code : TUDQ

➡️Pop Meals Referral Link/Signup Link : https://referrals.popmeals.com.my/TUDQ


I did a video a long time ago about Pop Meals when it was still known as Dahmakan with the green colored theme corporate logo.


πŸ”—Support Email
care@popmeals.com.my

πŸ”—Links
https://www.lowyat.net/2020/225084/dahmakan-online-food-service-now-rebranded-as-pop-meals/