My Raiz Invest Malaysia 2020 Portfolio Year End Review ⭐⭐⭐

I'm quite satisfied with my Raiz Invest portfolio so far (25/12/2020). Made a bit of progress and also some got some of my friends and family members to sign up. My current setting is moderate risk so my Raiz Invests just puts all the money invested into PNB (Permodalan Nasional Berhad)'s Amanah Saham Imbang 2 unit trust fund. If you're on the aggressive risk setting, Raiz Invest will invest into PNB's Amanah Saham Equity 3 and Amanah Saham Sara 1.

Overall, I've invested over RM10,000 + into Raiz Invest. I kept topping up the account despite the bad market sentiment due to Covid19. So far I think this has paid off well with the performance shown. I personally find the app to a good app to do savings. ASN Imbang 2 Fund has a good mix of local blue chip counters and also stable Sukuk for capital preservation. I'm pleasantly surprise there's Alibaba stock in the fund.


Based on the monthly fund performance report given by Raiz Invest, all the PNB funds that Raiz Invest invests in are in the black. However, ASN Equity 3 is seeing slightly lower returns, this should affect those using Aggressive portfolio in Raiz Invest for now. I still reiterate my stand that Raiz Invest app is a savings app so it is best not set to Aggressive mode as the main point of doing savings is less about capital appreciation and more about capital preservation, as such new users to Raiz Invest are best to use Moderate and Conservative mode. 

Do note that Raiz Invest's performance is heavily tied to Malaysia stock market performance as all its underlying investments in ASN Equity 3, ASN Imbang 2 and ASN Sara 1 are all Malaysia focused.

For year 2021, I will continue my current style of using Raiz Invest app which is to keep putting in whatever savings I get from my Maybank savings account into Raiz Invest. I even withdrawn my fixed deposit and also put into Raiz Invest as the current fixed deposit rates in Malaysian banks is way too miniscule. 

In the past (before advent of robo advisors) you could not invest in micro amounts lower than RM100, today with modern investing apps (robo advisors, micro savings, micro investing, mutual fund companies) it is much  easier and seamless to save and invest. You can start with only RM5.

If I had money in my bank account and it is  not invested, I always have the tendency to spend it all. As such nowadays I just invest and clear my bank account (Maybank) to Raiz Invest so that it does not look like my bank account has money . I use ewallets, credit cards and cash on hand for payment for daily necessities.

I believe Raiz Invest Malaysia will introduce Raiz Rewards next year. Raiz Rewards is a feature that is in the Australia version of the app where there is a collaboration between retailers and Raiz Invest to give more discounts in the form of round ups when you purchase things using the bank debit card tied to your Raiz Invest account. 

There's probably a chance Raiz Invest Malaysia will launch Raiz Insure also since it's basically selling insurance via the Raiz Invest platform, teaming up with existing Takaful players would not be too difficult.

Links

https://raizinvest.com.au/rewards/

https://www.raiz.com.my/

Raiz Invest Malaysia Referral Invite Link 


🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟Referral  👉 Referral code 4VZ2E3
Raiz Invest Malaysia is organizing a friend referral campaign. Each of us get RM5 after topping up just RM5 from your Maybank Account.