Gift from Majlis Perbandaran Sepang for paying Cukai Pintu aka Assessment Rates 🎁

 

I’ve been paying assessment at counter for my properties in Cyberjaya and this year the gift for paying assessment was a small back pack. 

Cyberjaya is under MPS (Majlis Perbandaran Sepang), so I went to MPS offices to pay. Assessment fees (Assessment rates) is cukai pintu is a form of tax collected by the local council for maintaining the area. The money collected are use for road repair works, tree cutting, rubbish collection, street lights etc. You won't get this gift if cukai pintu is paid online via other channels. Past year gifts include umbrella, towel etc.

While I really appreciate the gift and it kind of does encourages me to pay my tax on time, I felt the bag was a bit flimsy, material was a bit thin to my liking but hopefully will get better gift next year. As I've already got too many bags in my house, I will be selling off the back packs on Carousell, an online selling platform.