How to get the system and program icons back on Windows 10 21H2 after updating windows [Windows Only] πŸ–₯️

Today I'm going to share a Windows 10 tip annoying fix that I just researched.  If you're on MAC PC, it's not applicable to you. I just updated my laptop’s Windows 10 to build 21H2 Build 19024.

Post update, I noticed the program icons on system tray (now called notification area) tray were missing. I could only see the clock and language icon. Apparently this is a new feature my Microsoft and is being written about here.

The program icons were very important as I use it to quickly access the sound volume, antivirus status (Kaspersky) and Skype messenger. Instead, the area seems changed with new news and weather widget there only. The news and weather widgets were previously set at the tiles at the start menu.

Here’s how to get the system and program icons back to the system tray (now called notification area).

Click Windows icon  πŸ‘‰πŸ½ Type  in “Select which icons appear on the taskbar”. Launch the settings.

There you will see a radio button (toggle button) labelled as “Always show all icons in the notification area

Turn “Always show all icons in the notification area” on. If you don't want all the icons to be visible because you need some space at your task bar then you can turn it off but selectively turn on on different apps/programs.


Now the icons at the notification area can be seen. It is quite easy to fix this but it took me some time to figure it out as I had struggled to find the correct keyword term to search on Google.
 πŸ“Links

https://www.theverge.com/2021/1/6/22217153/microsoft-windows-10-taskbar-weather-news-widget-feature