Huawei Laptop with Blue Yeti Microphone not working - There's a microphone on/off key at F7 πŸ’»

So I just got a brand new laptop and I attached my USB Blue Yeti Microphone to it but couldn't get it to work. I uninstalled all preinstalled audio software, disabled antivirus but problem still persisted. However, the Bluetooth microphones on my Bluetooth speakers and Logitech webcam were still working however.

Mind you that this Blue Yeti USB microphone was previously working on my other laptop. I checked everywhere on the laptop and every thing seemed to check out fine except I could not get the sound (recording) working.

I tinkered and checked Huawei's site and finally found the reason/root cause. Apparently modern laptops have got a microphone on/off shortcut key (usually located at the F7 key). Toggling the shortcut key on the keyboard enabled the microphone to function properly.

Do note that this issue can affect other laptop models. Who knew that laptops has got a microphone on/off shortcut key.

By the way, Blue Yeti makes the best USB microphones, very useful for making videos and podcasts.

 πŸ“Links

https://consumer.huawei.com/en/support/content/en-us00698745/

https://www.bluemic.com/en-us/products/yeti/