I got my slot for Astra Zaneca Covid19 vaccination ! - the 3 most common problems when registering for Astra Zaneca vaccine in Malaysia

Today is Wesak day here and I'm very excided to be able to get a slot for Astra Zaneca Covid19 vaccination. 

It didn't come easy however, the launch of the website was delayed by 15 minutes and system hung for 20-30 minutes more (at least from my PC). By the time I could register, I managed to get a slot at end July. I also could not get University Malaya as my vaccination center, only managed to get the vaccination at PWTC (Putra World Trade Center). I'm quite familiar with how the registration works as I registered both my parents for the Astra Zaneca vaccine few weeks ago.

Most common issues encountered with the Astra Zaneca registration site :

1. The registration button not there

The registration button will only appear at the launch time and it's Malaysian style so it will appear later than the original planned time.

2. After completing the form the form cannot be submitted

The error "Sila pilih locasi PPV dan tarikh", it basically means you in to choose the location of the vaccination center and date. You can't choose it because this webpage connects to another webpage (tech guys call it the backend - api.vaksincovid.gov.my) which has some sort of traffic control to limit number of connections in. So you still have to wait a bit and retry. Some ultra techies mentioned that they managed to bypass this issue by using a VPN to connect to the vaccination page and manage to complete the whole registration process. The idea behind this is the VPN emulates a connection from another country (not blocked) then connects to the vaccination website so it does not look like a connection from Malaysia where the bulk of traffic is coming from (it kind of doesn't make sense also but those techies swear that it works)

3. The MySJ ID 

SJ ID means MySejahtera App ID. This ID can be found in the MySejahtera app. However, it's actually the mobile number registered with MySejahtera app with a number 6 infront. Eg, if your phone number is 0123112415, then your MySejahtera ID will be 60123112415.

Personally I felt the registration process was ok just some hiccups here and there and the site was not responsive enough to tell users what was wrong. I can understand how hard it was for senior citizens to do the registration themselves with all the confusion going on.

Lockdowns are not going to end this crisis, only vaccination will fix it.

Just look at the cases in US, it's still very high but it's been on a continuous downwards trend. 

Malaysians are pretty creative in creating content and sending content on Covid19 Astra Zaneca vaccine. Here's some interesting ones :





Updates 20210527
After signing up for vaccination, notification will come from MySejahtera app. From there, I needed to confirm my appointment for the 1st dose. Once confirmed, the status will be "Click here to scan vaccination location QR when you arrive"


Updates 20210529
While I'm still waiting for my 1st vaccine shot, the number of Covid19 cases in Malaysia continue to rise to record levels.


#cucukMYAZ

Updates 20210610
Today I took my mom for vaccination at UM (University Malaya). Nostalgia a bit for her as she graduated from UM a very long time ago. Getting to University Malaya for vaccination was easy but was surprise how far I had to drive to the center in UM. 

Here's how to get the UM vaccination center : 
Keep driving around the university until you reach the crucial turning called 👉 Persiaran Gagasan where you need to turn left to the car park to the vaccination center hall 

Location University Malaya vaccination hall


Links

https://www.vaksincovid.gov.my/

https://www.vaksincovid.gov.my/az