A common man's observation on Astra Zaneca's effectiveness in Malaysia 💉

By the end of September and entering October, most people who registered for AstraZaneca shots in Malaysia would have completed their 2nd dose. I was also the recipient of 2 doses of AstraZaneca. 

I just wanted to put my observation 3 of my colleagues who contracted Covid19 recently.

Subject 1 : Age 23 , 2 shots, average build

- loss of taste

- mild fever and sore throat

Subject 2 : Age 25,  2 shots, skinny build

- loss of taste

- high fever and sore throat

- breathing difficulty but recovered (oximeter reading :95%)

Subject 3 : Age 39 , 1 shot , slightly overweight

- No sickness symptoms, only loss of taste 

I'm quite surprised Subject 3 who had only 1 shot had almost no symptoms except for loss of taste for 1 day. All 3 subjects were below stage 3 and I can conclude that vaccination do save lives even if for 1 shot. I'm more concern on the lasting protection effects of the vaccine from here on. Subject 2's condition confirms that even vaccinated can get really sick and hence the elderly are still at risk even if they took 2 shots and therefore masking up is still a MUST.

Just looking at the category 3 and 4 cases shows that vaccines do work.

Disclaimer : I am not a qualified medical person to give proper medical comments. This is just the observations among my colleagues.