Change Proton Inspira/Mitsubishi Lancer Remote Control Key cover to flip key style 🔑

Just for fun, decided to change the key housing case of the Proton Inspira / Mitsubishi Lancer. I needed to change as for the original casing, lost a small screw that held the key to the housing.

I decided to buy a flip key housing. this kind of housing for the key is usually spring operated, I think it's easier on the pockets as the key is actually concealed in the key housing.


It costs slightly below RM20 at Lazada.


Changing the casing was easy but  I still have to visit the locksmith to shape the new key (in the flip case). 


Do for forget to transfer the immobilizer part (it's a tiny bit of plastic), without the immobilizer part, the car won't start up, can only open the car. I actually forgot to transfer the immobilizer part and the locksmith informed me on this when he was reshaping the key.


📍Links

https://www.lazada.com.my/products/i1122660890-s3167702221.html?urlFlag=true&mp=1&spm=spm%3Da2o4k.order_details.item_title.1