TM Unifi TV Password ? Default is not 123456 πŸ“Ί

Recently I got my TM Unifi box replaced and the technician. However the technician did not configure property the TM Unifi TV Box. Upon powered up it prompted for id and password.

I check forums mentioned that the id is userid@unifi and default password is 123456.

Actually, this is not the correct information anymore. Telekom Malaysia has since upgraded the security process of Unifi TV, there is no longer a default password to Unifi TV box. The password for every customer is different and random. I believe the reason for doing so is because the unifi TV id can be used to watch the Unifi TV channels over the internet web browser (eg Chrome, IE) so in theory you can use someone else Unifi TV credentials to watch Unifi channels over the internet web browser.

However, do take note that the user id for Unifi TV is username@iptv . username is what is on the broadband bill. Do note after the @ is not unifi but is @iptv.  

The password is sent via SMS to the account holder's phone number. The password can only be reset via TM Unifi hotline. I previously didn't know about this and was struggling multiple times to key in my id and password to the Unifi TV box. 

πŸ“Links

https://unifi.com.my/personal