Add Rubber Sealing strip for sound insulation in Proton Inspira - from Mr DIY πŸš“

And so I follow this guy "Boss Michael" on TikTok, he is a famous TikTok influencer who does videos about installing car accessories. In one of his videos, the showed how he installed MrDIY bought rubber door trims.

So I had some inspiration to install these door rubber strips on my car.


These door strips can be bought at MrDIY stores and is quite easy to install, just cut and stick it. Supposedly the benefits of these door fits is it provides sound insulation in the cabin, good for music lovers like me.


Installation was a breeze, just cut it out and stick to the car door.



I had some issues with the installation which is the double sided tape was not sticky enough so I had to use my own 3M (brand) double sided tape. There's another version of the door strip which does not require double sided tape and it just wraps around the edge of the car but this version accumulates dirt and moisture which will cause rusting at the sides of the door.

To be frank, I can't really tell if the cabin is more quieter after installing the door strips but I feel the audio coming from the car radio is more clear maybe because some form of noise insulation provided by the strips. However, the cheap price and simplistic job makes it a good DIY project for the car.

πŸ“Links

https://www.tiktok.com/discover/Boss-Michael-Carlife

https://www.mrdiy.com.my/default/carsun-car-door-protective-rubber-strip-8x5-5mm-9001755-001001