Changing motorcycle ownership at Pudu UTC on a Sunday - Tukar hakmilik motor JPJ UTC Pudu Sentral Kuala Lumpur πŸ›΅

Note : UTC JPJ Pudu Sentral is open on Sundays  πŸŒž

Over weekend (Sunday) I did a motorcycle ownership change at UTC JPJ at Pudu Sentral. Pudu Sentral is the modern name for Pudu bus station. UTC stands for Urban Transformation Center. It is an effort and initiative of the Government to provide various main services of Government and private sector to the City community all in a one stop centre or within a building.

It was quite a breeze and pleasant experience. Parking was easy and plenty of spaces were available.


I was worried a bout the long queues that I saw but apparently the queue was to JPN (Jabatan Pendaftaran Negara). 

The security guard at JPJ UTC Pudu there were very helpful and informed me that before ownership can be transferred, I needed to settle all the roadtax and insurance on the motorcylce which there is a MyEG shop nearby to help. Payment was done using Touch N Go ewallet.


There were SOPs to follow as we were still in Covid19 pandemic phase. 


Just a short wait and I was attended, did my thumbprint verification and paid up the transfer fees and I was good to go. Do note that buyer and seller of the motorcycle do not need to come at the same time.  Seller just come to fill up form (JPJK7 form) that he wants to sell the motorcycle while buyer comes another time to complete the application.

Before going JPJ, the process of selling motorcycle in Malaysia goes like this : 
  1. Seller advertises
  2. Buyer agree on pricing
  3. Buyer meets seller, pays seller
  4. Seller give buyer the grant of the motorcycle (geran motorsikal)
Geran refers to the ownership document of the vehicle.

For cars, the procedure is slightly different as the car needs to be sent for Puspakom inspection.


On their website UTC Pudu opens at 10AM but I think it actually opens at 9AM as I already saw people being served early despite arriving at 10AM sharp at UTC Pudu. As such I do advice everyone to come early to do any for any activities at JPJ Pudu. 

A sidenote, after going UTC Pudu, the ex Pudu Jail now called BBCC (Bukit Binting City Center) Lalaport is just a few km away is worth a visit. There's Nitori (Japan Ikea) and Nojima (Japan Harvey Norman).

πŸ“links

https://www.jpj.gov.my/en/web/main-site/kuala-lumpur