Stashaway Malaysia Thematic Portfolio ESG Responsible Investing Portfolio and Environment and Cleantech Thematic Portfolio 🫧 🌲

Fresh after launching their maiden thematic portfolios (Technology Enablers, The Future of Consumer Tech, and Healthcare Innovation), Stashways launched another 2 more thematic portfolio focusing on ESG (Environmental, Social, and Governance). The 2 new ESG portfolios launch are Responsible Investing Portfolio and Environment and Cleantech Portfolio.

Responsible Investing Portfolio is the normal ESG while Environment and Cleantech Portfolio has very focus on environmental related technologies. The 2 ESG portfolios for Stashway can only be created via its mobile app, the web version still can't create.

ESG is the theme of the day recently as it is kind of trendy and seems to be making good returns.The ESG portfolio is sometimes disguised as a technology heavy portfolio. The ESG theme came up as it was perfect time to time the technology sector stocks while at the same time appeal to the certain segment of people who are concern about climate change issues.

I’ve invest RM500 in Environment and Cleantech Portfolio  as a test to see how this portfolio performs. I do understand this portfolio is quite risky compared to the responsible investing portfolio as it's very focused on the "Environment" sector which are companies which need a lot of RnD before being profitable. I'm investing here as I do not have exposure to this kind of portfolio in my investment portfolio. I will update the performance here from time to time. 

Updates 20220605
After a very long time, I logged into my Stashaway account and see that my Environment and Cleantech Portfolio is in slightly positive territory.

📍Links

https://www.stashaway.my/r/introducing-environment-and-esg-portfolios

📍Referral

For those wanting to sign up for Stashaway, can use my referral code : jonoav.