Due Diligence check using Malaysia Crime Investigation Portal CCID Portal 👮 by Police Diraja Malaysia - Semak Mule

 

The CCID (Commercial Crime Investigation Department) of Bukit Aman has got a website and app for checking for people who have been reported on by the public, typically for commercial crimes like scams and frauds.

The website is called SemakMule and you can search by Bank Account, Phone Numbers and Identity Card. 



If there is a match, the website will show how many police reports were made against that particular person. This is quite useful for doing due diligence checking (eg tenant screening, scammer search, mule account search). 



If you see police being made against the particular individual, proceed with extreme caution. 

How I usually use this site is to check against phone numbers and account numbers of contractors which I need to pay before work is completed. For example, when I recently engaged a new contractor to make my condominium's grill, I had to pay 50% of the amount charged 1st so I had to do due diligence to check the contractor's bank account number, to confirm that there were no police reports made against the contractor's number.

📍Links

https://semakmule.rmp.gov.my/

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ccid.ccis2020