Beware of Credit Card Scam Calls from IVR Robots claiming to be from HSBC bank

 

Have you ever received a call from a robotic IVR (Interactive Voice Response) system, claiming that your credit card has suspicious transactions? If so, beware, as this could be a scam call.

Recently, I received a call from a robot IVR, informing me of suspicious transactions on my HSBC (Hong Kong Shanghai Bank) credit card and asking me to connect to an operator for more information. Although the operator asked me for my IC number for verification purposes, I immediately knew it was a scam call as I do not have any HSBC credit card or bank account. It's also very odd that HSBC would call from a mobile telephone line. 





Unfortunately, such fraudulent calls have become increasingly common, and it is important to remain vigilant and aware of such scams. Always verify the authenticity of the call and never disclose personal information to unknown callers. Be sure to contact your bank or credit card issuer directly if you receive any suspicious calls.

The official HSBC Bank is aware of such scams and have a video explaining how the IVR scam works on their Facebook page.

The scam caller's number was : 014-3119896

#taknakscam
#BeSmartStayAlert 
#HSBCWeCanWeDo
#TogetherWeThrive