MyBayar PDRM Polis Diraja Malaysia phishing scam 😑

I received a phishing email that impersonated Malaysian police officers and the MyBayar website. MyBayar is Malaysia's online payment gateway for traffic summonses, accident documents, and other government-related payments.



The email was well-crafted and looked very real. The sender name was MyBayar and the logo used in the email header was the Royal Malaysian Police (PDRM) insignia. The email claimed that I had unpaid traffic fines and that I needed to click on a link to pay them.



I almost clicked on the link, but I stopped myself because it was suspicious. The Malaysian police do not communicate in English, and the email was full of grammatical errors.

I am sharing this information to warn others about this phishing scam. If you receive an email claiming to be from the Malaysian police or MyBayar, be very careful. Do not click on any links or open any attachments. Instead, contact the Malaysian police or MyBayar directly to verify the authenticity of the email.


PDRM is aware of this and have put up a alert on the MyBayar website to warn people about it.


πŸ“Links