MCMC SKMM saman scam call - panggilan dari SKMM 📵📵


Today, I received a call from someone claiming to be from SKMM (Suruhanjaya Komunikasi dan Multimedia Malaysia), also known as MCMC.

The caller alleged that my phone number had been used to submit scam links related to the PADU (Pangkalan Data Utama) website to individuals in Bintulu, Sarawak. As a result, I was suspected of involvement in cybercrime (jenayah cyber). When I denied the accusations, the caller mentioned that my phone could have been hacked and planted with malware to commit the cybercrimes by scammers. Subsequently, the caller transferred the call to an individual purporting to be a police officer in Sarawak, instructing me to deny the accusations. 

However, I am confident that the caller was attempting a scam, and I promptly ended the call. Several red flags arose, including the transfer to a supposed police officer, reminiscent of previous Macau scams and phone call coming from a mobile line 013-4712599. I confirmed it was a scam as the phone number could not be called back.