Setel App Auto Assist Function by Bateriku - I requested for a tire change auto assist 😬🚗💥

Auto assistance at your fingertips


Just before the weekend, I noticed some sounds coming from the back passenger seat area. Upon investigation, I discovered that I had a tire burst on the left passenger side.

I contacted my tire shop, but they informed me that they lacked sufficient staff to come to my location and replace the tire. Instead, they advised me to call a tow truck to transport the car to their shop.

After considering my options, I decided to utilize the Setel app's auto assistance feature for a tire change. Setel has partnered with a local startup called Bateriku, which provides various automotive services, including door-to-door car battery replacement, jump-start assistance, towing service, and tire change services. 

I selected the tire change service, which cost RM50, deducted directly from my Setel wallet balance. Before the deduction, I received a call from their customer service team to confirm details such as my location, car model, and wheel nuts.





The friendly mechanic arrived at my house in approximately 30 minutes by motorcycle, retrieved the spare tire from my car's trunk, and promptly replaced the burst tire with the spare. The entire process took about another 30 minutes.


Now that my spare tire is installed, I can drive to my tire shop to have the tire properly replaced. The root cause of the tire burst was a large crack on the tire pattern, likely from hitting a pothole. The tire was irreparable, so I had to purchase a new one for around RM300++; I opted to use Toyo Proxes CR1 as it's cheaper than the stock Continental CC6s.


Overall, the entire process  of getting a mechanic to change the tyre was smooth, convenient, and stress-free. I attempted a DIY approach initially, but the bolt nuts on the tyre were too tight, considering I only had the standard tools that came with the car. For lady drivers this is a very welcomed feature to use in the Setel app.

Advertisement  - If my article helped you.

Setel is a Malaysian all-in-one app for your car. You can use it to conveniently pay for fuel at Petronas stations with just a tap on your phone, and even earn Mesra points or get rebates with certain credit cards. It also lets you pay for parking, buy motor insurance and road tax, find and activate EV charging stations, and get 24/7 auto assistance. They even have a family wallet feature to manage expenses and a lite version for a simpler experience.

Petronas Setel App Invite Code 👉 backru - get RM5 when you sign up and top up RM30  ⛽ . Refuel using app.