DIY gone wrong - plastic door does not match door frame

One of the frustrations of doing DIY projects is getting the wrong parts.

Below is one such example of assuming that the plastic bathroom door you bought fit the door frame. In fact I was told by the shop keeper that the door was oversized for my door frame so I would have to cut the sides to fit the bathroom.  My older bathroom door was also something like that but the middle hinges all came off already due to age (platic cracked).

I was too lazy to return the plastic bathroom door as the place where I bought the door was quite far away (I just happen to see it at one of the random hardware shops I passwed by). I only realize the size didn't fit after opening it up from the box.

Nonetheless there is a powerful sense of completion when completing DIY projects. By the way, I did not install the door myself as it just happened on that day I had a contractor around to do other stuff so I asked him to help to install the pastic bathroom door. Normallly contractors do no accept such small jobs anymore, they want larger jobs where the margins are more.

To mitigate the problem, I had to create a Japanese style door curtain to cover up the whole door area. By doing this, there will be some privacy when using the bathroom. It also serves as a reminder to me to be more careful in making purchases.
DIY door replacement gone wrong
Misaligned plastic bathroom door
DIY door replacement gone wrong
Misaligned plastic bathroom door