Installing a cheap gaming chair for testing

Recently I've been fascinated and curious about using gaming chairs. I can't help but wonder if gaming chairs were worth buying.  You see social media influencers using the chairs, gamers using them and it looked really comfy. These chairs look just like a car's racing bucket seats with bright colored motifs. I'm currently using a mesh chair (without headrest model) as my go to chair right now.

Being curious I bought 1 generic gaming chair from Lazada at RM350, way much cheaper than the branded gaming chair brands like GRacer. My line of thought was worst case if this chair wasn't as comfortable as it seems then I wouldn't have wasted like RM1000 plus on just a gaming chair.


Ficmax Gaming Chair

The delivery took around 5 days. The package so heavy that I needed another friend to carry the package into my car (I took delivery of the package from my office).

Ok the verdict on whether a gaming chair feels better or not, I would say I prefer my mesh chair. After sitting long on the gaming chair, you feel it getting hot because of the PU material while a mesh chair has better ventilation. Where the gaming chair reigns is the ability to roll back the seat and I can just take a short nap in it without getting out, the head and back rest support also is good too. The gaming chair is also more suitable to be place in air conditioned rooms because of the material use.

Orgonometrically speaking, because the gaming chair's seat can be tilted to an angle I can tilt it until my eye level reaches my laptop, this reduces the strain on my neck. The arm rest is a relieve but personally I feel it's too far apart.

I would term the installation of the gaming chair easy but I believe some people who are used to assembling Ikea furniture with clear instruction manuals will struggle a bit initially. The installation manual that came was subpar and lack lots of information to assemble the unit, there's not even a numbering to show which step 1. Good thing I had an electric screwdriving on hand so I didn't have to use the tiny alan key given to unlock and lock the bolts.