Washing machine keeps pouring out water without stopping 📠 - inlet pipe problem

A while back, my mom was complaining the top loading washing machine in the house kept filling up water without cutting off (stop) even after the drum is filled up with water.  This washing machine is quite good quality and has been in use for 5 years already.



I was about to order a new one (washing machine) but decided to take up DIY challenge. I search some DIY forums and asked about this issue, turns out it's related faulty water inlet valve. 

I found that small spare parts could be purchased from this website call http://adison.com.my/ from  Adison Appliances.  The sales person was also very helpful, I just sent the picture of the component via Whatsapp and the sales person confirmed the parts and delivered it after I paid.