Penang Bridge Run 2019 - Last 10km - before Covid19

Been busy over the weekend preparing to participate in Penang Bridge International Marathon 2019 (PBIM2019). I registered for the 10km category.

Apparently I heard someone from the organizer mentioning that this year would be the last year for having 10km runs, next year onwards the shortest run will be 20km.

I stayed at Olive Tree hotel in Bayan Lepas and they had shuttle bus to the race venue for RM35 2ways.










I managed to finish 10km in 1 hour 20 mins, slightly below the average :) according to this article


Overall the race was quite organized. The only improvement I see is they need more clearer signboards to the starting line from Queensbay mall, I found it a bit confusing to find the starting spot from Queensbay mall, it was quite hard to follow the crowd also as there were many people walking in every directions. The merchandise sold was a little bit unattractive and old school, they need more funky colored shirts and mugs. 

This run has motivated me to run more. I will compete in the 20 km runs next year.