Study and visit tour of an AirBnb unit in Straits Garden Suites in Penang


Last year in November I brought my parents over to Penang for a food tour. Decided to test out my friend's AirbnB  unit in Penang. This unit is a joint venture between my friend and another partner where my friend was more of a sleeping partner. ogether they managed a few units in the same building. His partner friend was a seasoned Airbnb operator so I wanted to go and see if I could learn anything about this venture. T

This particular AirBnb unit was at Straits Garden Suites at Jalan Jelutong, George Town, a stone throw away from the city center. You will need a car or call Grab e-hailing service as there doesn't seem to be have reliable public transportation around. The size of the unit reviewed was a 1 bedroom 450sqft unit.

Upon stepping into the unit, I was impressed by the colorful and tasteful interior. There's a sofa bed, study table.


The cabinet at the TV area had mirrors at the back to amplify the size of the small room. 



There's playstation and also instructions manual on how to use it. Personal Wifi to each unit.


Slippers provided


I liked the guidebook they prepared. Inside the guidebook, it lists out all the food information on where to get food and the location. The guidebook also shows roughly how much to get there via Grab e-hailing


Washing machine area also included some detergent, mops and other cleaning equipment.



Wifi password clearly displayed in a laminated A4 paper


There's some play mats for kids.


I like the thoughtfulness of having umbrella's handy.


The towels were nicely wrapped and placed on the bed.

The bedhead has a unique and distinctive yellow color. Above it was a simple paintings which compliments the wall's wallpaper


The room had a Dyson bladeless fan inside which adds some touch to the bedroom.


At the kitchen all the necessary items like salt, sugar, pepper were there. There's also complimentary snacks and mineral water. The eggs in the glass are not real, just for decorative purposes but it makes the kitchen standout. 



Toilets were pretty sparkling clean. I like the details put into it by having some green decoration. The glass shower pane were also distinctively clear.  I've to add also the brass shower head and bidet were also sparkling with no signs of soap mildew. I've previously managed properties with glass shower pane and it was a real pain to remove the soap stains on the glass.



Overall, the experience was positive. I did learn a few pointers from this unit which I can implement in my future Airbnb units.

#penangairbnb #airbnb