Buying Nestle stock for getting AGM door gifts

For years I've seen posts of posts of Nestle investors who got big bags of hampers filled with various Nestle products from attending Nestle AGM (Annual General Meetings). So I was waiting for the stock to tank but for many many years the stock kept skyrocketing from RM100 to RM150 without much pause.


Today I found a slight opening to buy Nestle stock at RM143. I went in with only 2 units to test water and got it matched.


I used Rakuten's Trade's platform which can easily allow to buy odd lots so I can say now I am eligible to attend the Nestle AGMs as a shareholder although I only hold 2 units of the stock.




Buying Nestle stock is a no brainer but the entry price is important as the stock rarely dips at all. Consumer demand for their products are also very strong especially with their strong branding dating back to 70s and 80s where Milo (by Nestle) was touted as the premier breakfast health drink.


Not yet using Rakuten Trade to buy odd lots ? , sign up using my referral code and get 500 RT points (Rakuten Trade Points)

Update Note (Important) : CDS accounts opened under Rakuten Trade are under nominees account KENANGA NOMINEES (TEMPATAN/ASING) SDN BHD RAKUTEN TRADE SDN BHD FOR [CLIENT NAME]. To attend AGM, you need to write into Rakuten Trade a 2-3 working days before the AGM to ask Rakuten Trade to nominate you to attend the AGM. I have previously blogged about this here https://propfessor.blogspot.com/2019/07/rakuten-trade-assigning-proxy.html